We have an immediate need for someone who loves working with people and understands how they make decisions, can write well and have confident conversations, is comfortable in a variety of business environments, and can work with our technology experts to deliver solutions that meet client needs. Even if you have minimal experience in the IT industry, as long as you learn quickly and are coachable, we will train you on what you need to know.
This role will be primarily “sales admin” and “inside sales” in its scope. You will work with existing clients to ensure they receive maximum value through the solutions we provide, check in periodically to ensure we are providing excellent service, and increasing awareness around our new products and solutions. In addition, you will support the VP Sales in his outside sales role to bring on new clients.
We are open to applications both from those looking to get a start in their career, as well as those ready to take a step up from a previous sales leadership role.
About Kerkhoff Technologies Inc
Under the KTI brand, we provide proactive and professional Windows IT support to businesses in the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland in BC. Our Crafty Penguins division provides advanced networking, Linux, and DevOps professional services to other IT teams, software developers, and ISPs around the world. Our TopLeft division provides a Kanban visualization interface on top of ConnectWise, which is a Professional Services Automation (PSA/CRM) used by IT Service Providers around the world. This role will support all 3 divisions. We have been in business for over 12 years, with our head office located in Chilliwack, B.C.
- Checking in regularly with all clients using a variety of media including onsite visits, phone, Zoom video, email, ticket systems, social media, and chat.
- Creating, updating, and delivering quotes and proposals, using templates and information provided by the VP Sales or technicians.
- Dealing with questions and objections during the sales process.
- Assisting sales team to keep opportunities up to date in our Sales CRM, such as having clear next steps, accurate forecasts, and usable reporting for the management team.
- Assisting technicians in quoting basic IT needs (like new computers) in a way that explains what’s in it for the clients.
- For higher level IT needs, follow direction from other sales team members to provide customer-friendly proposals that are clear, meet their needs, and they are excited to approve.
- Scheduling internal and client meetings in order to move sales processes ahead, working together with the Executive Assistant.
- Contributing to continuous improvement and documentation of our sales and marketing processes.
- Using our inbound call handling procedures to answer inbound phone and email leads to qualify, collect basic information, and schedule calls
- Over time, working to close simpler/smaller deals and increase deal size so that CEO is focused on larger opportunities
- Working with existing clients to collect survey results, provide relevant educational information to them, schedule quarterly business technology reviews (BTRs) etc.
- Dealing with follow-ups from meetings that CEO or other team members have with prospects and clients, such as creating appropriate activities and tickets in CW
- Other tasks as assigned by the VP Sales
- Solid conceptional understanding of technology – not at the bit/byte or geek level, but how they solve client problems
- Strong emotional intelligence in terms of reading both the client and our team
- Detail oriented: our clients depend on us to take care of the details, and being sloppy with details frustrates everyone. At the same time, we can’t bore or overwhelm our clients with unnecessary detail.
- Realistic, humble, accurate, confident, and transparent
- Care for people – our primary goal is not hitting quotas and making lots of money, but authentically caring for people, listening, making their life better, and improving their success.
- Great at working with people, both in-person, written, and oral
- Business degree or diploma, or equivalent experience.
- A 1-2 year technology certificate, diploma, or equivalent industry experience would be helpful, but is not a requirement.
- Reliable and professional vehicle for all weather conditions.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and Passport to travel into USA
- $50,000-$75,000 base salary per year
- Attractive extended health and dental package. Our team loves it!
What We’re Looking For
- Alignment with KTI’s values
- A true belief and commitment to providing EXCELLENT customer service
- Pride in workmanship, caring about the quality of your work, and the work of team members
- The ability to effectively interpret information and/or discuss information with teammates.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment where initiative and motivation are keys to success
- Capability to mentor and develop the technical team and foster an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Ability to analyze information, establish priorities and manage processes
- Proficient with developing standards and improving processes
When You Would Start
We anticipate onboarding this role as soon as we find the right person.
How to Apply
Submit a brief letter introducing yourself and including the word “Pepsi,” and anything you think will appropriately convey your fit for this role (resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.). This role can be either on-site at our home office or fully remote, and the successful candidate will be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. Due to the volume of applications we normally receive, we will only contact those whom we short-list for an interview.