The Marketing Specialist under the direction of the VP People is responsible for developing, executing and monitoring marketing initiatives, projects, and campaigns for TopLeft (80%), Kerkhoff Technologies, Inc. (10%) and Crafty Penguins (10%). These activities include but are not not limited to – online marketing strategies and tools including paid ad placement, emails, social media, web sites, webinars and search engine optimization. The Marketing Specialist is required to build and maintain client relationships and is also responsible for conducting marketing research and analyzing and developing reports and statistics on marketing campaigns and strategies.
What you’ll do
- Maintain a successful web presence.
- Manage a rich content calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, eBooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Manage email campaigns.
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead-nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Manage the company’s social media profiles and presence.
- Maintain a webinar schedule. Ensure successful promotion, organize registration, and follow up after webinars.
- Collect statistics on successful and unsuccessful strategies marketing strategies.
- Manage organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Contribute to the analysis of all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
- Conduct marketing tests, track and report on key performance indicators.
- Contribute to reporting as needed on marketing activities – their effectiveness and business impact.
It’d be great if you had
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communication or a related discipline.
- 2-5 years of experience in marketing, preferably with a focus on internet marketing in a tech company/startup.
- Proficiency in marketing automation (HubSpot) and blogging software in order to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and then nurture them using dynamic workflows into converted customers.
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with MS Office applications, HTML, Photoshop, and other Adobe programs
- High attention to detail and quality standards.
- Ability to meet deadlines and self-manage your workload.
- Ability to work on several large, repetitive tasks while taking on smaller, one-off projects at the same time.
Why join us?
Working at TopLeft can accelerate your career and give you the opportunity to work with world-class talent. We’re a team that loves creative problem solving and achieving results for ourselves and our clients. There are many benefits that come with working with us, such as: autonomy, a culture which encourages personal and professional development, and overall passion for improving and expanding.
How to apply
Submit your application with a cover letter introducing yourself and including the word “Pepsi,” and anything you think will appropriately convey your fit for this role (resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.) This role can be either on-site at our home office in Chilliwack, BC or fully remote, and the successful candidate will be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. Due to the volume of applications we normally receive, we will only contact those whom we short-list for an interview.