Crafty Penguins – Crafty Penguins is a growing team of 13 Linux experts, some of whom have decades of experience with Linux technologies. We are a Linux division of an IT consulting firm Kerkhoff Technologies, which also has a Microsoft Windows division.
Although Kerkhoff Technologies and Crafty Penguins are two separate teams with different skill sets, we’re one company. We all use the same ticket system, Slack and Wiki, sit at the same physical office and have the same leadership team.
We are seeking a full-time Linux Administrator to join our team. If you are a high-energy person, you love to interact with people, and you have a desire to work in a growing and exciting company, this could be a great opportunity.
We take pride in being a one-of-a-kind technology company that values relationships and people at every level – employees, clients, vendors and our community. Whether it be age, gender, race, culture or thought – we enjoy diversity and we welcome it!
Our mission is to help people do meaningful work by getting the right people in the right seats – helping people achieve their Highest And Best Use (HABU©). Our growing team of 23 offers expertise in Network Support, Linux Consulting, and Application Development.
What does it take to do this job
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems, preferably Debian
- Expertise configuring and troubleshooting Apache, NGINX, and HAProxy
- Supporting diverse database systems
- Supporting various support services like DNS, DHCP, AMPQ brokers, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP, SSH, etc.
- Experience scripting in at least two of the following languages: Python, Bash
- Expertise with configuration management systems such as Saltstack (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, and/or Chef
- Experience with package management systems for various Linux operating systems including package creation
- Experience with virtualized environments (KVM or Xen or ESX)
- Experience with container virtualized environments like LXC (Docker), OpenVZ
- Hands-on experience with cloud environments such as AWS, CloudStack, or OpenStack
- Intermediate knowledge of networking and load-balancing concepts
- Experience with monitoring systems, such as Nagios, Sensu, Shinken
- Experience collecting and aggregating log data (Like ELK Stack)
- Experience collecting and aggregating metric data (Collectd, Graphana, etc.)
- Experience with Cassandra or other NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience working with Docker containers and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with general software engineering principals and working with diverse programming languages.
What we’re looking for
- Alignment with our values
- Strong desire to grow with the company
- Genuinely positive and optimistic attitude
- Confident yet teachable (we are committed to training, mentoring and coaching you in this role)
- Personable and approachable; you put people at ease
What we provide
- Great People & Healthy Work Culture
- True Work/Life Balance
- Flexible Working Hours
- Competitive Salary
- Awesome Benefits
- Vacation Time + Banked Time
- Advancement Opportunities
When you would start
We will onboard this role as soon as we find the best candidate.
How to apply
***Apply Now – Send us your cover letter and resume that includes a link to your LinkedIn profile and the word Pepsi
“Working at KTI was an excellent experience. As someone who came into the office fresh out of school, I could not have felt more welcomed. I especially enjoyed the constant opportunities to learn and expand my skills, and the helpful mentoring I received from co-workers”