TopLeft – a division of Kerkhoff Technologies Inc. – is a software start-up based near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The product utilizes Kanban boards to help Managed Service Providers visualize their work to understand project progress, accelerate helpdesk dispatch, identify neglected tasks, and eliminate bottlenecks that slow down their teams. We are seeking a full-time Software Developer (Full Stack) to join our team. If you are a high-energy person, you love to interact with people, and you have a desire to work in a growing and exciting company, this could be a great opportunity.
We take pride in being a one-of-a-kind technology company that values relationships and people at every level – employees, clients, vendors and our community. Whether it be age, gender, race, culture or thought – we enjoy diversity and we welcome it!
Our mission is to help people do meaningful work by getting the right people in the right seats – helping people achieve their Highest And Best Use (HABU©). Our growing team of 23 offers expertise in Network Support, Linux Consulting, and Application Development.
What your day looks like
- Engage with other TopLeft developers to learn about their workflows, challenges, and the systems they are building.
- Develop systems that allow our teams to innovate rapidly and reliably.
- Engage with the TopLeft team in the complete life-cycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support.
- Build and maintain systems that are used by the entire company to deliver software to TopLeft customers.
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development.
- Deep dive into users’ problems, and find efficient solutions.
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement.
What you bring to the role
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 2+ years in software engineering, OR 5+ years in software development without a degree.
- 2+ years of experience developing across a full stack: web server, relational database, and client-side/front-end.
- Experience with continuous integration, and continuous delivery concepts.
- Understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- Strong ability to prioritize and focus when there are many possible things to do, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a sometimes-chaotic environment, and to change direction in a hurry if need be
What we’re looking for
- Alignment with our values
- Strong desire to grow with the company
- Genuinely positive and optimistic attitude
- Confident yet teachable (we are committed to training, mentoring and coaching you in this role)
- Personable and approachable; you put people at ease
What we provide
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 3 weeks vacation – starting immediately
- Numerous opportunities for professional development
- Clear path to advance your career
- Flexible work schedule
When you would start
We will onboard this role as soon as we find the best candidate.
How to apply
Click the Apply For This Position button and upload a brief letter introducing yourself and including the word “Pepsi,” and anything you think will appropriately convey your fit for this role (resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.) Due to the volume of applications we normally receive, we will only contact those whom we short-list for an interview.
“The company genuinely cares about the people who use our services and for those who work here, finding a company like this to work for has been so rewarding and satisfying. I love that I’m encouraged to be innovative and if I make a mistake I am supported to learn and try again.”