What we’re looking for
We are seeking a Senior-level Windows Systems Administrator to join our team. If you are experienced in this area with a desire to work in a growing and exciting company, this could be a great opportunity.
What people say about you
You are a highly professional individual who is passionate about helping people succeed. You love rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. You are committed to the process of creating environments in which people can thrive in their work. You are motivated and tenacious when it comes to achieving your goals. You are looking to be part of a team with a vision to create something greater together than anyone of us could create alone.
Who you are
Your passion is to help others and always be constantly learning. You aren’t daunted by something you haven’t done before – you’ll research it and seek guidance until you figure it out. You like to be a part of close team where you can have an enjoyable work environment and learn from others experience. You believe that clients want to work with trusted partners and are prepared to pay for an amazing experience. You think and can work independently, but you can take direction and work quickly yet smartly to job completion.
You have an attention for detail and doing the job well the first time. You follow existing processes and procedures and will suggest ways to improve them.
At home, you probably have extra computers and other devices where you are constantly learning and playing with technology.
What you bring to the role
You are a computer- and technology-savvy person with the drive to proactively support our growing client base in the Fraser Valley, Lower Mainland, and beyond. You have Microsoft Windows server experience, and you are driven to achieve “guru” status by learning through constant challenges. You have the needed technical skill, the capacity to creatively solve problems and understand the big picture related to the needs of clients, and a commitment to KTI’s core values
- Complex Windows systems design, building, and administration, including networks, Office 365
- Design high-level proactive support for clients such as patch management, desktop optimization, monitoring, data backup, and other preventative maintenance
- Network administration – defining and implementing best practices, building and running checklists, creating reports, and mentoring the team in these areas
- Unwavering commitment to thorough and accurate documentation in our wiki
- Mentoring junior systems engineers as required, as well as future new hires
- Keeping projects and tickets up to date in our ConnectWise service platform
- Engage with clients onsite where needed, and prepare junior team members for quality onsite support
- Engage the team and clients in the importance of information security, and design and deliver related systems
Tech Tools we use
- Solarwinds Automate, Connectwise (now called Manage)
- Screen Connect, Sophos networking and security products, StorageCraft
- Office 365, VMWare, HyperV,Proxmox, KVM and more.
It would be great if you had:
- 5 years of Windows server administration experience
- 10 years of Windows desktop experience
- Strong knowledge of firewalls including VPN’s, and experience in troubleshooting in this area
- A couple of certifications such as Microsoft, Cisco, A+/Network+
- Experience with cloud technologies like Azure and AWS
- Some Linux and basic command line experience as we also use and support these environments
- Some software development experience
- Scripting experience with Powershell
- 4-year technical degree (CIS or CS) or equivalent
- Experience working in an MSP environment
This is a full-time position in our Chilliwack, B.C. office. You need to have a reliable vehicle and a valid B.C. driver’s license. The salary range for the successful experienced, skilled, and knowledgeable candidate is between $70-$90K. We offer 3 weeks’ vacation to start, an excellent extended health and dental plan and a flexible work environment. If you join us and have current clients, we will compensate you for successful referrals.
To apply, send to hr(at)kerkhofftech.ca a cover letter that includes a link to your LinkedIn profile, the word “Pepsi,” and an explanation of why you believe you are a fit.