Contact Us To Schedule Your Discovery Call
Follow us on Social Media
As we step into the joyful holiday season – with cozy get-togethers, sparkling lights, and shared happiness – Kerkhoff Technologies is thrilled to be by your side, ensuring your online experience is safe and smooth. To keep things simple and secure during this festive time, we’ve gathered some essential tech tips.
These easy-to-follow suggestions will not only make your digital life better but also let you fully enjoy the magic of the holidays!
Let’s check out some must-know tech tips that will help you stay safe online and focus on the joy of the season:
- Update Your Devices: The holiday season is the perfect time to ensure all your devices, from smartphones to computers and smart gadgets, are running the latest software updates. This guarantees optimal performance and security.
- Backup Your Data: Before the holiday rush kicks in, take a moment to back up your essential data. This simple step can be a lifesaver, protecting you against potential data loss in unforeseen circumstances.
- Secure Your Passwords: Strengthen your online security by updating passwords for your various online accounts. Where possible, enable two-factor authentication for that extra layer of protection.
- Be Wary of Phishing Scams: ‘Tis the season for phishing scams. Exercise caution with unexpected emails, especially those requesting personal information or payment details. When in doubt, verify the source.
- Check Your Privacy Settings: Heading out for the holidays? Review and update your social media privacy settings to ensure you’re comfortable with what you’re sharing, especially if you’re away from home.
- Protect Your Home Network: If you’re hitting the road, make sure your home network is secure. Update your router’s firmware and use a robust, unique password to keep your digital fortress strong.
- Set up Out-of-Office Responses: Taking a break from work? Set up out-of-office email responses. Not only does this inform people of your absence, but it also serves as a deterrent against potential phishing attempts.
- Monitor Your Accounts: Keep a watchful eye on your bank and credit card accounts for any suspicious activity. Many financial institutions offer mobile apps to make this task quick and easy.
- Charge Your Devices Safely: Steer clear of public charging stations, which can be vulnerable to malware. Carry your charger or use a portable power bank to ensure a secure power-up.
- Educate Family Members: If you’re the tech-savvy member of your family, take a moment to share some online safety tips, especially if there are new devices in the mix this holiday season.
- Clean Up Your Inbox: Unsubscribe from newsletters and promotional emails you no longer need. A cleaner inbox can help you spot important emails more easily.
- Check Your Travel Apps: If you’re traveling, make sure travel apps, such as navigation and accommodation apps, are updated and working properly.
- Holiday Scams Awareness: Be cautious of holiday-specific scams like fake charities or fraudulent deals. Verify the authenticity of websites before making online purchases.
- Mindful Social Media Sharing: Enjoy sharing holiday moments but be cautious about sharing real-time travel plans to avoid potential security risks.
- Quality Family Time: Encourage everyone to disconnect from devices during family time and savor the holidays without constant digital distractions.
The business owner's guide to IT management
and support services
Questions you MUST ask before you hire an IT consultant and
enter into an IT service agreement.